Freddie Mac Multifamily Green Advantage
Green is Gold
We make it easy to be green! When you save energy and water, you may also qualify for better pricing with our Green Advantage®pdf suite of offerings.
Options include Green Up®, Green Retrofits, Green Certified, or Green Rebate.
Opt for Green Up. When you commit to reducing energy/water consumption by at least 30%, you may get better pricing and more funding to make these enhancements.
Borrowers must be able to reduce whole property energy consumption by at least 15% and reduce either energy and/or water whole property consumption by an additional 15% for a total of 30% reduction in whole property energy and water consumption.
Get a Green Assessment®, a straight-forward property analysis to show borrowers how they can save energy or water by making property improvements.
We reimburse up to $4,000 of the cost of the report, when Freddie Mac acquires the loan.
Borrowers who commit to making improvements based on the Green Assessment and are able to save 30% in energy or water usage with a minimum of 15% from energy get better pricing.
Green Up loans require borrowers to engage a third-party data collection firm prior to loan origination. Data collection is required for the life of the loan. View the consultant qualifications pdf.
- Benchmarking and Utility Resources
- Benchmarking Data Collection Guide pdf
- Benchmarking Metrics Submission Guide pdf
- Benchmarking Data Consultant Requirements pdf
- Green Improvements, Completion Monitoring and Modifications pdf
- Video: Benchmarking Metrics – Getting Started
- Video: How to Share a Property Record with Freddie Mac
- Video: How to Submit Benchmarking Metrics
This feature is for properties with energy and/or water efficiency improvements already made — within the current calendar year or the previous two calendar years from when the borrower completes Form 1209: Green Retrofits certification zip.
We give discounted loan pricing for properties with any of the following nine industry-standard green building certifications.
- EarthCraft, Greater Atlanta Home Builders Association & South Face
- ENERGYSTAR® for Multifamily Existing Buildings, High Rise, New Construction, EPA
- Green Communities, Enterprise Community Partners
- Green Globes, Green Building Initiative
- GreenPoint Rated, Build It Green
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), US Green Building Council
- National Green Building Standard (NGBS), Home Innovation Research Labs
- Passive House Institute US (PHIUS) Certified
- Passive House Institute (PHI) Certified
Optigo® lenders should:
- Speak to their Freddie Mac representatives.
- Select the relevant certification.
- Provide evidence of certification as part of the loan submission to receive our best quote.
Borrowers who do not pursue any other Green Advantage options can receive $5,000 from Freddie Mac for delivering an EPA ENERGYSTAR® Score with a Green Rebate pdf
Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE) Financing Consent
Freddie Mac Multifamily can grant consent for Commercial PACE financing from qualifying Commercial PACE programs on loans in our retained portfolio. Additional requirements may apply. Check with your Freddie Mac representative for details.