Affordability Test and Other Resources
The Affordability Test helps our Optigo® lenders determine the percentage of a property's units that meet FHFA's 2023 mission-driven requirements.
The following inputs are required for the tool:
- State in which the property is located
- County in which the property is located
- Number of units per bedroom type
- Monthly rent & utilities payment per bedroom type
Affordability Test (Revised September 8, 2023)
- 2023 Cost-Burdened and Very Cost-Burdened Renter Markets
- 2023 FHFA Multifamily Caps Fact Sheet
- How to Find High Opportunity Areas: Use this guide for the Mission Map and Preservation Prospector Tools
Our interactive Mission Map helps you locate targeted affordable properties across the U.S. and highlights markets with special designations, such as Duty to Serve and opportunity zones.
Preservation Prospector Tools
We’ve created two new Preservation Prospector tools, for our Optigo lenders, powered by the National Housing Preservation Database (NHPD). We’re helping our network identify and pursue financing opportunities — to preserve and improve Section 8 and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties across the nation.
You’ll find owner information for more than 50,000 properties. Filter by state, city, county, metropolitan area (MSA) or tract number, as well as by Duty to Serve categories.