Pandemic Housing Shifts with Sam Khater
The pandemic has had a profound impact on both single and multifamily housing and we’ve seen large shifts in market fundamentals, property prices and where people are choosing to live. In this episode, Freddie Mac Chief Economist Sam Khater is back to talk about macro and microeconomic trends in the housing market and some of the implications for rental housing.
- Chapter 1: 0:00 – Migration trends and unemployment
- Chapter 2: 9:00 – Single-family market and affordability
- Chapter 3: 16:00 – Employment trends
- Chapter 4: 20:00 – Rental markets
- Chapter 5: 27:00 – Supply and slowing population growth
Listen to other episodes in the series.