Multifamily Aggregation Risk Transfer Certificates (KT Certificates) are backed by multifamily mortgage loans that are awaiting sale into K-Series securitizations. KT Certificates are designed to transfer to certain investors a portion of the risk associated with eligible multifamily mortgage loans prior to sale into a K-Series securitization.
Freddie Mac forms a single trust and sells to the trust eligible mortgage loans. The trust has a revolving period during which Freddie Mac will, from time to time, purchase mortgage loans from the trust for sale into K-Series securitizations. The trust will replace purchased mortgage loans with additional eligible mortgage loans purchased from Freddie Mac.
On the trust settlement date, the trust issues senior guaranteed, mezzanine and first loss certificates. Freddie Mac guarantees timely payment of interest, reimbursement of realized losses and ultimate repayment of principal on the senior guaranteed certificates but does not guarantee the mezzanine or first loss certificates.
The following description is based upon the terms of the Series 2017-KT01 Certificates, which were issued on February 16, 2017. The Series 2017-KT02 were issued on November 29, 2017 and have substantially similar terms, although future issuances of KT Certificates could have substantially different terms.
- The FMPRE 2017-KT01 Multifamily Aggregation Risk Transfer Trust issued Class A guaranteed certificates and Class B, C and D unguaranteed certificates
- Revolving period is scheduled to be 32 months
- The Trust’s term is scheduled to be 36 months
- Within 30 days of sale to the Trust, Freddie Mac may be required by the junior mezzanine investor to repurchase any mortgage loans not meeting the predefined eligibility criteria
- In addition, Freddie Mac may also be required by the junior mezzanine investor to repurchase up to three percent of the eligible mortgage loans sold to the trust during the trust’s term for any reason
- During the Trust’s term, Freddie Mac may from time to time repurchase at par eligible mortgage loans from the Trust
- During the revolving period, collections of principal on and sales proceeds of eligible mortgage loans will be used by the Trust to purchase additional eligible mortgage loans from Freddie Mac
- No later than the earliest to occur of (i) the scheduled end of the Trust’s term, (ii) 30 days after a termination event or (iii) 30 days after the exercise of a cleanup call, Freddie Mac will be required to repurchase all performing eligible mortgage loans at par and will auction off any defaulted mortgage loans. The sales proceeds will be used to pay down the certificates
- Strong credit provided by the Freddie Mac guarantee of timely payment of interest, reimbursement of realized losses and ultimate repayment of principal on the Class A Certificates plus, the additional credit support of eligible mortgage loans underwritten to Freddie Mac’s portfolio standards
- Diversification through pooled risk of many assets versus single asset risk
- Transparency regarding the collateral and structure provided by the offering documents
You will need to enter the KT-Deal Series Number, e.g., KT01.